A healthy mind dwells in a healthy body. Usually it is said that the mind is the brain. Although in Yoga the mind is something different than the brain, mind is that energy that is controlling the brain and that is the bindu visarg chakra. It is present at the back of the head where brahmins generally tie knot in the pigtail, the nectar of life is constantly produced here and this is what gives one their beauty and glow.So we will discuss today how to maintain beauty and glow with yoga and maintain a calm mind.
I detail here some techniques from the book, ‘Sanatan Kriya, The Ageless Dimension’, to develop the calmness inside and the glow outside.
- Take 4 Desi amlas (small in size and golden glow as apposed to a hybrid alma which will have a yellowish greenish glow)
- Remove the juice and add a spoonful of one year old single flower honey. Honey as it ages gains medicinal and nourishing qualities. So this will nourish you back to beauty and glow.
- Drink this early morning on empty stomach.
Within 3 months it will start showing its effects.When it goes to the stomach vital prana is drawn out from these two herbs and it goes to the bindu visarg chakra directly and nourishes it. The body runs on prana and not what we eat or drink. The human body can survive without food and water for sometime. Even if the breath is stopped the body can survive for a few minutes but without prana the body cannot survive even a nano second.
Take this tonic for one month regularly and only after that you start with the calming pranayam, as detailed ahead. Its vital to be patient and follow as told.
- Now you have to generate a gentle kind of pressure around your face. Inhale and try to force the air out but block the mouth and the nose.
- Constrict the throat so it does not go down back. Hold as long as comfortable then gently exhale.
This creates a backwards pressure. An immediate change in appearance will be evident after this practice. This removes the toxins collected at the Bindu visarg. When you push back the breath it removes all the heaviness and negativity and when you exhale it very gently releases the nourishing fluid which comes towards the face from the bindu chakra. This practice would also improve your vision. The effect on the face is instant, a glow and radiance is observed.
- Before you go to sleep take some pure essential oil of rosemary.
- Put 2-3 drops in a bucket of warm water and put your feet in it and relax.
- The water should not be hot, only warm.
The feet have the property of pulling in prana wherever you put them, so here the property of rosemary oil is again relaxing the area of the brain.
These two simple herbal formulations conjoined with the pranayam will relax you. Nowadays medical science acknowledges the presence of sushumna nadi. A thin strip of energy running from the mooladhaar chakra (base of the spine) to the agya chakra (forehead). On dissecting the body scientists found the vagus nerve, a very thin nerve running next to the spine. In the next article we will talk about two basic asans pertaining to vegus nerve which will keep the body healthy and glowing.
Log onto to www.dhyanfoundation.com for more.
The article was published in Southafricatoday.