- Avoid excesses of any kind.
- Your lifestyle should reflect ‘ati sarvatra varjayeth’ or moderation in all things.
- Avoid quick fix painkillers because they aggravate the problem and once their effect wears off the frequency of headaches starts to increase plus then you don’t look for its triggers and get caught in a vicious cycle of pain and pills.
- Instead, for some quick relief lie down quietly in a dark room and put an ice pack on your neck and/or forehead and temples. You can also crush some ginger and apply its paste on your forehead.
- For some more relief extract the juice of giloy (tinospora cordifolia) and have it with 1tsp of honey.
- Otherwise take three grams of coriander seeds, five grams of lavender flowers, five seeds of black pepper, and five almonds. Make sure you soak the almonds overnight in water and remove the skin before preparing the paste. Grind with water, sieve, and take before sunrise.
- I have detailed certain techniques in ‘Sanatan Kriya Ageless Dimension’, that not only cleanse and detoxify the body but also bring about a balanced body rid of diseases. Nadi Shodhan Pranayama helps cleanse the nadis and improve the flow of prana, relieving tension and headaches and leaving you healthy and glowing.
|Nadi Shodhan Pranayam|
The article was published in Indusage.