Have you been getting very angry lately? Is anger your second nature? Are you angry all the time? If your answer is yes then you are moving towards the next problem after anger which is hypertension. It is a manifestation of the weakening of the heart. Excess of negativity and hypertension weakens the heart muscles controlled by the Mooladhar chakra.
- Just relax and rub your hands together to warm them up and slowly bring them together at your mooladhar chakra.
- You’ll feel some tingling at the tips of your fingers.
- If the chakra is weak, you will feel nothing and your hands will come together without any resistance.
- If it’s strong, you’ll feel pulsations and resistance as your hands try to come near each other.
The basic reason for the mool chakra becoming weak is hyperactivity which exhausts the vital prana. Don’t forget that prana is limited. The cells of your body cannot be recharged. You can only spend it and hyperactivity ensures you spend it fast. If you want to conserve it, then stop getting angry.
In Gita, Lord Krishna tells Arjuna,
krodhaat bhavati sammohah sammohaat smritivibhramah |smritibhramshaat buddhinaasho buddhinaashaat pranashyati ||2-63||
From anger comes delusion, from delusion a lapse of memory, from lapse of memory there is destruction of buddhi, and from destruction of buddhi person is destroyed.
Anger and other hyper emotions increase the metabolic rate of the cell and dry up the fluidity of the body, as a result the body ages very fast. When the metabolic rate shoots up, it results in a faster pulse rate and rapid breathing. These are also symptoms of a person who is dying. The key to health and longevity is in slowing down. I will give you a combination of Ayurveda and specific Yogic kriyas to manage your anger.
The first remedy and one of the easiest solutions is sugarcane.
- Just have two to three glasses of sugarcane juice throughout the day and it immediately has the effect of relieving you of anger.
You may also consume rose sherbet.
- Take some petals of desi gulab (NOT the English or hybrid variety).
- The desi gulab is small in size and sweet smelling.The petals are a little bitter if you eat them.
- Take about 100 grams of petals and boil them gently for about half an hour and then filter it.
- Add a bit of brown sugar and store this solution.
- Whenever you feel you are getting angry, take a bit of this sherbet, pour some cold water into it and gulp it down.
When you are angry, the heavy emotions immediately affect the surya chakra which in turn disturbs the anahat chakra. Rose has the soothing property of calming down your anahat chakra.
In the next article I will share specific yogic techniques from the Sanatan Kriya for anger management.
The article was published in Covaipost.